Re: weather

Well- it has been cloudy here all day so far. It has been heavenly! Only in the 80s. I got completely ready to go to work this AM, took 3 steps out the door and realized it wasn't a million degrees. Walked back in the house, changed into garden clothes and decided I was staying home today. I was supposed to have Friday off- so I'm just switching today for Friday (when it is supposed to be 106 again). I got alot of stuff deadheaded, trimmed, cleaned up etc. I took the stupid looking picket fence thing the surrounded the AC unit down (I've hated it since we moved in 6 years ago). Both green-waste barrels are full, but fortunately they'll get emptied on Friday. I'm considering going out to work on the bigger gate- but the sun is coming through the clouds now, so it'll likely get hot pretty soon.

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
Our temperature only reached the low 90s today - that's hot enough for
me - but this afternoon a storm blew up that produced the heaviest hail
I can remember since we've lived here. Chet went out and picked up a
hailstone the size of a ping-pong ball. The storm didn't last long - about
20 minutes - but the temperature dropped from 92 degrees to 71 degrees
in that time. It's still not a cool night - back up to 73 - but supposed to be cooler tomorrow. I haven't gone out to see how much damage the
hail did to plants, but it couldn't have been worse than the deer damage
we had last week. The deer got behind the fish-line protection around
the front garden that has worked for the last five years - they had to
stand on the doorstep and climb over a large planter - and completely
devoured all my hostas. Sickening. That's the only place I even try
to grow hostas, but I had quite a handsome stand earlier this year, and
won a blue ribbon at our flower show for my 'Love Pat.' Oh well.