From: SueNY <sue.nyc@att.net>
Cc: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 2:23:46 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Stormy Weather

Here in the NYC area we are on our third day of incredibly stormy weather.
Thursday the thunderstorms were so bad we lost our power for 6hrs. Yesterday
we got 3 and a half inches of rain on top of the 2 inches we got Thursday!
We're due for more severe storms today. My garden looks great, except for
one bell pepper plant that appears to have late blight.. I will apply some
fungicide once this weather clears up.  My cuke vines are gorgeous and full
of flowers so hopefully I'll have my little cukes soon. I started this bunch
from seed at the beginning of July after my first crop failed from all the
cool wet weather we had in June. They are small pickling cukes with a 45
maturity so I should get a nice late crop!