RE: OT--Haydn

Oh, Theresa, extra prayers are going your DH's way tonight!  I had 3
interviews last week myself.  One for certain I didn't get, but it was just
as well for that job.  I could tell during the interview that the working
conditions were different than billed.  I'd really like to have either of
the other two positions.  At this point, I'm not being too picky.

Our Dayton Daily News paper had a wonderful article on the front page
titled:  "Dayton lagging in job creation
By Ken McCall and Tom Beyerlein"

"Employment in greater Dayton has been stuck in neutral for the last 15
years while other Ohio cities - even hard-luck Youngstown - have moved
ahead."

"State data shows the Dayton region had by far the slowest job growth among
Ohio's major metropolitan areas, netting a paltry 1,000 jobs in a pool of
more than 400,000 from 1990-2005. Small, incremental gains have been offset
by waves of layoffs at top employers.

The drumbeat of downer job news continued Friday with Reynolds and Reynolds
Co.'s announcement it will cut 450 workers, most of them local, over the
next three years. "At a time when our national economy is doing so well, we
just haven't participated in the growth," said Wright State University
economics professor Robert Premus. "To see this is discouraging. This raises
huge questions about the (local) economy in the future."

While the state saw an 11.2 percent increase in employment from 1990-2005,
the Dayton Metropolitan Statistical Area - which includes Montgomery, Miami,
Greene and Preble counties - saw a microscopic growth of 0.24 percent or
only 1,000 jobs. Even long-depressed Youngstown showed three times the job
growth of Dayton during the period, according to annual average figures
supplied by the Ohio Office of Workforce Development.

Columbus, meanwhile, gained a whopping 191,300 new jobs for a state-leading
26.2 percent growth, more than 100 times that of the Dayton area. The
Cincinnati area was second in the state with almost 20 percent growth or
170,400 new jobs."

It is really frustrating trying to find work here.  I know quite a few folks
in the same boat as I am.  I believe I heard from the local homeless shelter
that their numbers are going up again as well.  UGH!  Of such is life.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)