From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Jesse Rene Bell
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 11:04 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Black Swallowtail Caterpillars

Black Swallowtail Caterpillars
O.K. ya'll, this is the THIRD year I have tried to grow my bronze fennel big
enough to host the black swallowtail caterpillars. Last year the goofy
peacocks ate my plants, the year before that we had too much rain and they
rotted. BUT LOOK!!!! last night I went out and counted them -
58 caterpillars were on my plants!!! I went NUTS. I had to drag the whole
family outside to look at them. The last words out of my mouth before I
drifted off to sleep were, "58 of them, I counted...." My husband laughed
because I was so excited.