Re: The misery index

The temps aren't horrendous here at the moment (High 80'S, Low 90'S), but the humidity is. It's like walking around in soup. I don't even want to go outside. Neither do the dogs. We are all four pretty much like big slugs.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa W." <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] The misery index

You beat me today- only 107 here. Just crazy. I was only supposed to be 100 tomorrow, but now they've revised the forcast to 104. I'm really rather sick of this now. I have resorted to Darwinian gardening- whatever survives this heat wave does, and what doesn't oh well- I'll have a new space to plant something else.

Theresa

Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:
I just thought I'd mention that it's 109 degrees out right now. At 4:30 in
the afternoon. C'mon! Stop it!
I had a meeting to go to that's a 10 minute walk from here. I figured I'd
drive instead. But it was so hot inside the car I'm not sure it was worth
it. 5 minutes at 130 degrees vs. 10 minutes at 109...and it's definitely not
worth standing there for 20 minutes early waiting for the car to cool down.
Sure wish the DoD would support telecommuting.
Cyndi