Re: OT/Red stuff/various tastes

Any respectable Jewish delicatessen, south or north, will have tongue. I corned one once--only to discover I didn't care for it very much. Next time I was in possession of one, I had it smoked. Didn't like that either.

On Jul 29, 2006, at 1:43 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

Tongue is very popular in the South, but then so are a lot of other gross things. IMHO. My mother used to cook it. It's in the g rocery store delis here, and I think Boar's Head carries it. I'm not sure because I don't buy it. I do, however, love liver and onions, and it can be beef or pork.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:44 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] OT/Red stuff/various tastes

No offense taken. Even when I order it in a restaurant, the looks I get
from the other diners lets me know I'm in a minority with my love of liver.
(I haven't been able to find tongue already cooked in either the store or at
a restaurant. When momma first cooked tongue, she waited until everyone was
out of the house. She aired the house out very well before anyone got back
home after cooking it, then refused to tell us what we were eating until we
were done. LOL!!! She knew what the reaction would be had she told us. It
taste like luncheon meat when chilled.)

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)