Re: New approach

Thanks, Pam.  I haven't been able to grow daylilies for years.
I have lemon balm, and they don't eat it.  There are a few
more things they don't touch - yet.  They have never eaten
the yellow perennial foxglove - Digitalis ambigua - but it is
past it's bloom.  They don't eat Perilla frutescens, either, so
far, but they had never touched the Artemisia before this.
I waas looking for something that would bring a bit of color,
and the Tricolor Sage is fairly bright.  I filled the bed where
the Hostas had been with ferns.  There was already a large
Japanese Painted Fern there that they stepped over to get
to the Hostas, so I'm hoping the four or five other assorted
ferns will survive and give me a nice texture contrasts, if
not much color.  That bed is fronted with a mass of hardy
geraniums - not in bloom now, but the foliage is nice.
Thanks for your offer.
In a message dated 07/22/2007 12:48:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,