Re: scanning

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] scanning

Just remove the top of the scanner.
Place flowers on the glass (remember, you are working from the BACK, so place face down)
And scan.
Save or send to a photo program to edit.  I brightened my photo a bit.

With no white top to capture the light and reflect it, the light from the scanner diffues to black as it goes out into the room. Flat flowers like Rudbeckia do better than very 3-D flowers like tiger lilies with their recurved petals. You could do any sort of collage, not just nature.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5