Re: OT - If I can get through this - update

Since we are on a steeply sloped site with huge boulders on
either side of the house, it would be almost impossible to fence
it in - and highly inconvenient, too, since there would have to be
a gate across each end of the circular drive.  I have done pretty
well for all these years by planting things they didn't like very
well - it had turned into a quite interesting, I thought, pattern of
foliage plants with a bit of color, but lots of texture from the
different foliages.  But this year they have been eating things
they never touched before, like all my monarda and some
artemisias they had always avoided.  They have been coming
into the breezeway which they always avoided before and
eating my container garden.  They have eaten the hibiscus
in pots on the front steps - a couple of them 20 years old.  Of
course, the tree that fell smashed them completely, so that is
no longer a problem. I admit I am depressed about this summer's
garden.  It seems that just when I begin to get things back
together, something else happens.
In a message dated 07/30/2007 9:01:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,