From: "Aplfgcnys@aol.com"
<Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, July 7, 2008 9:54:00
AM
Subject: [CHAT] Mystery

This morning when I put out the suet cake and tube
feeder for the
birds (we have to take them in at night because the raccoon
steals
them if we don't) I noticed the hummingbird feeder and reminded
myself
that it was the day to change the sugar-water.  I came in and
immediately
prepared the mixture, which needs to be brought to a
boil and then cooled.  I
worked outside for about an hour - until the
sweat began to drip off my nose,
which is to me a sign that it's time
to go in.  While I was cooling down
before my shower, I thought the
hummingbird sugar-water was cool enough to put
in the feeder.  But
when I went out to get it, it had disappeared!  I have
looked all over
the area and can't find it anywhere.  And this wasn't a
raccoon at
night - I was working in the yard most of the time and would
surely
have seen or heard it if one had been so bold.  What has happened
to my
hummingbird feeder?  This one really stumps me.
Auralie