Re: Mystery

I lose stuff like this all the time. I used to think it was just me-- getting old, forgetful; can't remember if I put my teeth in a glass beside the bed last night or if I loaned them to somebody. Then today I got really paranoid about it. I got a letter from the IRS that said my stimulus check was on the way. Never mind that size of the check wouldn't stimulate very much, wouldn't even make me squirm enough for anyone to notice, but the shocker is they had my address! I filed last year's taxes in Florida. I moved clear across the country. And the IRS knows exactly where I am--and before I'm completely unpacked. Wow! I guess that chip they embedded in my head really works.

But getting back to the stimulus check. It will be just enough for a tank of gas, a keg of beer, and a box of shall--so I can get drunk, drive around the neighborhood, and defend myself from the elites.

On Jul 7, 2008, at 8:19 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

That is bizarre. I have had several things of mine just "disappear" lately (since May) and never to be seen again. I don't know if I'm doing it (getting older and can't remember where I left it) or if somebody/some thing has taken it. I lost a Mont Blanc pen (expensive) and a leather journal type thing (hand tooled leather...and not cheap). But don't have anybody that I know in
my house that would be interested in those items at all.  It's kind of
unnerving....

----- Original Message ----
From: "Aplfgcnys@aol.com"
<Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, July 7, 2008 9:54:00
AM
Subject: [CHAT] Mystery

This morning when I put out the suet cake and tube
feeder for the
birds (we have to take them in at night because the raccoon
steals
them if we don't) I noticed the hummingbird feeder and reminded
myself
that it was the day to change the sugar-water.  I came in and
immediately
prepared the mixture, which needs to be brought to a
boil and then cooled.  I
worked outside for about an hour - until the
sweat began to drip off my nose,
which is to me a sign that it's time
to go in.  While I was cooling down
before my shower, I thought the
hummingbird sugar-water was cool enough to put
in the feeder.  But
when I went out to get it, it had disappeared!  I have
looked all over
the area and can't find it anywhere.  And this wasn't a
raccoon at
night - I was working in the yard most of the time and would
surely
have seen or heard it if one had been so bold.  What has happened
to my
hummingbird feeder?  This one really stumps me.
Auralie

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W