Re: new orleans

NOLa is one of my favorite cities, too. Lived there for a year and it got into my system like some sort of virus.

I was just going through my files and found a menu for K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen dated 1/15/90. That would have been from the first time I ate there. No idea if it survived Katrina. It was in the Quarter; 416 Chartres. Dinner starts at 5:30. No reservations. Get there early--the line goes around the block. You won't be sorry.

Oh, yeah. Once you get in, they seat you where they seat you, never by yourself, often with people you don't know [and may not want to know]. But the food is... well... there are only a handful of restaurants as good in the US&A.

On Jul 14, 2008, at 4:15 PM, David Franzman wrote:

Hey Theresa and Andrea
New Orleans is Linda and my favorite city.  It is all
that Andrea mentioned. Also if you have the time just sit by the Mississippi, watch it go by and listen to the local jazz. Great way to spend an afternoon. Walk around the Garden District and check out the mansions. Beautiful. If you have some time you might want to drive around the area and see some of the
plantations and surrounding flora and fauna.
Have fun.  You sure are
travelling a lot lately.  Good for you.
David

----- Original Message ----
From: andreah <andreah@hargray.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, July
14, 2008 3:57:51 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] new orleans

Oh girl-I am
soooooooooooooooo jealous! Make sure and go to Cafe Dumonde for
coffee and
beinets-touristy, but a must for New Orleans. Um, stay away from
Bourbon
Street unless you want to be surrounded by stip bars and vomit in
the
street.  The Court of the Two Sisters is a fabulous place for dinner.
Acme
Seafood is a must if you want fried seafood and local color. The
Riverwalk
Mall is great for shopping but the French Quarter is too and the
shops are
much more fun. You will be amazed at the plant life. Pothos grow
outside
there with the leaves getting as big as dinner plates or bigger. The
statuary
is fantastic-see a graveyard if you can but go in the day time with
someone
else or a tour group-thugs hang out around there sometimes. LISTEN
to what
the locals tell you about what streets to stay off of after dark.
They aren't
making it up. Just see as much as you can! I swear I'd move
there if I had a
fantastic job. It's wonderful, and dirty and fun and there
are people of all
shapes, sizes, colors, manner of dress. It's great!