From: james singer
<islandjim1@comcast.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008
4:57:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] new orleans

NOLa is one of my favorite cities,
too. Lived there for a year and it
got into my system like some sort of
virus.

I was just going through my files and found a menu for K-Paul's
Louisiana Kitchen dated 1/15/90. That would have been from the first
time I
ate there. No idea if it survived Katrina. It was in the
Quarter; 416
Chartres. Dinner starts at 5:30. No reservations. Get
there early--the line
goes around the block. You won't be sorry.

Oh, yeah. Once you get in, they
seat you where they seat you, never by
yourself, often with people you don't
know [and may not want to know].
But the food is... well... there are only a
handful of restaurants as
good in the US&A.

On Jul 14, 2008, at 4:15 PM,
David Franzman wrote:

> Hey Theresa and Andrea
> New Orleans is Linda and my
favorite city.  It is all
> that Andrea mentioned.  Also if you have the time
just sit by the
> Mississippi,
> watch it go by and listen to the local
jazz. Great way to spend an
> afternoon.
> Walk around the Garden District
and check out the mansions.
> Beautiful.  If
> you have some time you might
want to drive around the area and see
> some of the
> plantations and
surrounding flora and fauna.
> Have fun.  You sure are
> travelling a lot
lately.  Good for you.

andreah <andreah@hargray.com>

14, 2008 3:57:51 PM
> Subject: Re: [CHAT] new orleans
>
> Oh girl-I am

soooooooooooooooo jealous! Make sure and go to Cafe Dumonde for
> coffee and

beinets-touristy, but a must for New Orleans. Um, stay away from
> Bourbon

Street unless you want to be surrounded by stip bars and vomit in
> the

street.  The Court of the Two Sisters is a fabulous place for dinner.
> Acme

Seafood is a must if you want fried seafood and local color. The
> Riverwalk

Mall is great for shopping but the French Quarter is too and the
> shops are

much more fun. You will be amazed at the plant life. Pothos grow
> outside

there with the leaves getting as big as dinner plates or bigger. The

statuary
> is fantastic-see a graveyard if you can but go in the day time with
> someone
> else or a tour group-thugs hang out around there sometimes. LISTEN
> to what
> the locals tell you about what streets to stay off of after dark.
> They aren't
> making it up. Just see as much as you can! I swear I'd move

there if I had a

<macycat3@sbcglobal.net>
2008 10:03 PM
> Subject: [CHAT] new orleans
>

>> Hi all-
>>
> I'm going to
New Orleans at the end of the week for a couple of days-
>> what
> should I
see, where should I make sure to eat?  All suggestions

> appreciated!

Theresa

Island Jim
Willamette Valley