Re: FG article - nice job Gene!

Thanks, Pam
I always enjoy writing for Fine Gardening. Some of the photos are mine, some are not, in this article. I honestly can not answer if hakone grass will do well in Texas summers. Do not want to give you a bad answer. There is a good way to find out.... trowel and error. May want to mention that we are almost out of Beni Kaze already. It has been our best selling hakone grass this year. Spigelia is my favorite native. Have it all through my garden, half dozen places.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

Subject: [CHAT] FG article - nice job Gene!

Loved your FG article about great shady plants.  I concur completely on
Spigela marilandica - marvelous plant. Would love to try some of that Beni
Kaze ornamental grass this fall if you think it could survive a TX summer!
Gorgeous stuff.  Great job as always sir!   Good pictures too.
Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A