To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] mildew

Hi again, I think that if you use some bleach anddribble it into the joints and crossings, leave it for a while then rinse it with water it will take care of the mildew. Also some of the KILZ products have a mildewcide in them, take a look at the label. Good luck, Rich

Kitty wrote:
tipping the chair for horizontal surfaces doesn't seem easily do-able, as the cleaner has to stay on the surface for 10 minutes. I'd have to do it in quite a few installments. However, I think the first application did do a really good job and the way it lightens the wood actually makes it easier to see where it didn't catch all the mildew. So I think if I reapply to those areas, I might just get it all after a second go around. I noticed scrubbing tough areas did help. The product simply said scrubbing not necessary, it didn't say do not scrub. I use a scrubbrush, so I'll wear long sleeves next time.

I think I can eventually get it all from the accessible surfaces, but not sure about getting areas hidden where wood pieces cross each other. Will mildew hidden in corner crevices and wood crossings create a problem later? I don't think I want to dismantle the entire chair.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Apking" <redfour@omni-tech.net>