Re: Making a molehill...

Ohhhhh I wish you had called!! As a survivor, my name is engraved on the
piece of granite from the building. The video footage of being carried
out is on the videos inside in addition to a picture of the moment. Then
the coffee mug that was on my desk is on display: just a chip taken out
of it! My office looked like the exhibit of the building and I still
can't figure out how I ever crawled out of there?

I am deeply involved in many of the activities there. Just this last
anniversary, I participated in calling out the names of those killed.
The least I could do is pronounce their names correctly. My husband now
works there doing public relations and has just finished 2 more books
about it: the fence and one on the history of how the Memorial was
built.

But most of all the place is special to me because we were married under
the Survivor Tree last December. My office window overlooked the tree:
it is one of the large arched windows in the Journal Record Building. So
I'm really pleased with the place - especially since it considers the
impact on so many people, not just those killed. Later, Fran

Melody <mhobertm@excite.com> wrote:
Fran: We did stop in OKC for just a short trip to the Memorial...it was
breathtaking. We were there around noon on Memorial Day and there was a
ceremony going on for the survivors...the sound of bugle Taps echoing
along that plaza was hauntingly beautiful. My children left messages in
chalk in the children's area. Have you been there and if so, I'd like to
hear your impression of the place?

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein