From: Marge Talt [mailto: mtalt@hort.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 00:56:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] RE: [CHAT guy topics< duct tape

> Behalf Of F M Ferrari<br>> Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:45 PM<br>>
Okay so here's a prompt that may spark some discussion with the,<br>uh,
guys:<br>> How many ways have you used duct tape in the
indispensable. I have a Japanese<br>digging knife whose handle is held
together with it. I have a sheath<br>for a pruning saw made of
cardboard, covered in duct tape (works just<br>fine); even taped a hole
in my plastic bodied wheelbarrow with<br>it....lesseee, what else...I've
used it to repair broken branches on<br>shrubs, hold the top of my water
jug together after I dropped it and<br>cracked it; patched slits in my
rubber boots with it (doesn't work<br>too well for that as it really
doesn't stand up well to water and a<br>lot of motion); repaired tears
in assorted plastic temp. cold frame<br>covers and even patched rips in
my gardening overalls with it before<br>I could get to putting in real
patches. <br><br>Duct

tape, like WD-40 is sort of one of those essentials in<br>life....if
it's got a hole; tape it...if it's got metal parts,
Maryland<br>mtalt@hort.net<br>Editor: Gardening in
Article: Wild, Wonderful Aroids Part 5 -
Index of Articles by Category and
Suite101.com garden topics :<br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com