From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 11:57 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] RE: [CHAT guy topics< duct tape

> Behalf Of F M Ferrari
> Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:45 PM
> Okay so here's a prompt that may spark some discussion with the,
uh, guys:
> How many ways have you used duct tape in the garden?
======

Well, not a guy, but duct tape is indispensable.  I have a Japanese
digging knife whose handle is held together with it.  I have a sheath
for a pruning saw made of cardboard, covered in duct tape (works just
fine); even taped a hole in my plastic bodied wheelbarrow with
it....lesseee, what else...I've used it to repair broken branches on
shrubs, hold the top of my water jug together after I dropped it and
cracked it; patched slits in my rubber boots with it (doesn't work too
well for that as it really doesn't stand up well to water and a lot of
motion); repaired tears in assorted plastic temp. cold frame covers and
even patched rips in my gardening overalls with it before I could get to
putting in real patches.

Duct tape, like WD-40 is sort of one of those essentials in life....if
it's got a hole; tape it...if it's got metal parts, spray
it;-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade