Re: temps/humidity/invaders

For me it is the *#%#@* bush honeysuckle seedlings! It is an unfortunate sequelae to my bird feeding efforts...they come for the food and leave a "contribution"! Oh well...

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 02:48 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 06/03/2003 1:01:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

From: Lynda Young <lyoung@grindertaber.com>
In my yard it is elm seedlings - we find new ones every time we
look at
a bed.  You're right, Marge, a summer long project.

I got wild cherry, boxelder, maple and elm - lifelong project; not to
mention the bleedin' walnuts that the squirrels bury that pop up
seemingly everywhere and this year, for some reason, I seem to have a
bumper crop of poison ivy...gotta take a day; don the protective gear
and go after it.

In addition to a bumper crop of maples, squirrel-planted hickories and oaks,
and the usual poison ivy, this year I am swamped with Oriental bittersweet
Celastrus orbiculata that is coming up by the thousands everywhere I look - lawn,
flower beds, hedges, driveway, just everywhere. Auralie