RE: My non-gardening weekend

 Ahhhh...the joys of home ownership.  :-)

Ah, Melody, I know from where you speak.
Back at the end of April my water heater went out. Just as they installed
it I noticed a roof leak. Of course, since the furnace and a/c are 40 yrs
old, decided I'd better go for the big picture.  New furnace and a/c were
done last week, the new roof the week b4.  And how about something I could
enjoy hands on?  The carpenter is working on the new kitchen now. And a new
snazzy front storm door.  Then there's the plumbing.  The bathroom tub
fixtures were stuck 'on' at one point last year.  40 yr old fixtures were
stripped. Sink fixtures leak into a tub under the cabinet that has to be
dumped periodically.  Plumber gave the tub a short term fix, but they'll
need to be replaced this summer.  And Saturday I heard a lot of commotion
in my eaves.  Got somebody building a nest up there.  Calling an
exterminator  today.  Then there're the garden beds that need to be

Thank God for low interest rates!