From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] M.G.s or those that know...
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:04:40 -0500

Can you further describe the critters? What color are they? Any markings? Do they appear to be munching any part of the plant in particular?
Cathy
On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 01:30 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

I'm going to take advantage of all the Master Gardeners and Advanced Master Gardeners on this list. It may be a stupid question to you all...but I do NOT know the answer. In the past when I've grown Rudbeckias I noticed little bitty tiny inch worm type critters crawling around on them after I've picked them and put them in a vase. It's like they hatched out of the flowers. What is this? What bug lays the eggs that produce these little worms? I'm asking because I want to start a flower farm, and I want it to be TOTALLY organic...no pesticides. So I need to know the enemy and what to do about it. I can't sell flowers that "grow worms"!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jesse Rene' Bell
Claremore, OK
Zone 6