Re: Re: reseeders

> Kitty, are you able to grow Edelweiss??????

Noreen,
I don't grow it but I suppose I could. It's hardiness is variously
reported everywhere between Zones 3 and 9. I wonder why you couldn't
grow it in Germany. The standard plant thought of as Edelweiss is
Leontopodium alpinum, but there are other species you could try.
Arrowhead carries 3.

Kitty

That is one of my all time
favorite flowers, since childhood, although I've never lived anywhere that
I would
be able to grow it.....even in our part of Germany.  Would see it when we
made
trips to the mountains though.   Had a dried Edelweiss that I had for many

years, it got lost on the move to the States, unfortunately.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast