Re: buddleia, butterfly bush

In a message dated 6/18/03 8:04:50 PM, justme@prairieinet.net writes:

<< I waited to see if it would come back to life, but always new
branches from the ground up.  >>

Donna, I have Black Knight which I have had for many years and also a nice
pink one.  I prune very near to the soil line after i have new growth appear.  I
have had growth appear farther up the stems but cut low so the plant might be
more full.
    I would prune above the new growth.  They are slow to start but you
should have seen growth by now.
        Ceres, Iowa zone 4/5