RE: Other hydrangeas

Andrea,
I don't know about the other 2, but we have H. serrata 'Beni-gaku' in our
Hydrangea Garden at the MG Display Gardens.  Here's what I have on it,
though not firsthand knowledge.
"A sparse medium sized shrub.  The flowerheads and sterile florets all face
upwards and very soon turn from white through pink from the tips to an
extremely bright blood-red.  The sepals never turn blue.  The leaves are
rugose (corrugated) with mahogany colored petioles. Central veins of new
leaves are red, turning a plum color. A very bright colored shrub that has
been known in Japan since the 16th century."

Kitty