Haven't made it thru the messages of the day yet, but would like to
comment on my soil.

It has been a very cool and rainy spring here. Only in the last weeks
has the sun come out and heated things up.

I am shocked at how dry the soil is. DH dug some large holes for the
shrubs and I was amazed that 2 1/2 - 3 ft down it was bone dry! Um-- I
am usually not a dry place and this was not a raised bed or a fully
amended area. This was in my usually swampy area, and was planting
appropriate bushes. Now I am worried about them!-- I told him to dig
till it filled with water- glad he didn't listen to me! LOL!

I am going to check out some other areas of my gardens, cause I am
thinking that even my natives are gonna need some water here....

Might want to check your soil moisture levels too... always something

Yep, the hose is still running at this time, gotta go move it soon.