Re: native clematis/learning

Kitty, I learn so much about the north of the US from all of you, plants that
I never heard of or can grow.  I've only lived and gardened in drier climates
in the US....Southern Calif. and Texas (El Paso, San Antonio and west
Houston).  All being hot and dry.....including west Houston, which is still
considered dry.  My knowledge and experience is exclusive to those areas....so I figure
I can return the favor of you all teaching me about other parts by putting in
my two cents of info about these parts.....for what it's worth that is.
Meant no disrespect.

By the way, to stay on topic, the native clematis from these parts are quite
showy.  The Clematis drummondii...although it's white blooms are not showy,
it's 2" round "bearded" seed heads are quite interesting.  Some other natives
are Clematis texensis, which many know, with the large pink trumpet type blooms.
 The Clematis pitcheri and C. crispa are interesting too......dark purple
smaller blooms with curled ends....quite interesting.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast