Re: Frit seeds/clivia

Marge, Andrea, I believe I was the one asking questions in regard to the
clivia seed. My plant bloomed last summer late and I let the bloom stalk remain on
the plant which set approx  6-7 seed.  At the time of my question, I had two
seed remaining on the plant (I believe this may have been approx March).  I
had intentions of following his procedure but it didn't happen.  I left the
seed, checking regularly, til it started to shrivel up.  I placed both seeds on a
southern kitchen window and very shortly one seed produced  a little nub which
appeared to be a sprout, perhaps.  Out of lack of time, I simply placed them
in the parent pot just below the soil.  Within a very short time growth
appeared.  The new little plantlet is about 2" in height.