From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of F M Ferrari
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 10:19 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] clay pots/Dillon Seed Co

OMG This was something we were FORBIDDEN to do growing up for fear that
neighbors would think my family "just got off da boat!" It's really not
just an Italian thing for I've seen it in Mexican neighborhoods too.
It's that Catholic thing and especially the BVM worship. Of course I
guess that it's in my genes for I've got a St. Francis of Assisi (my
patron saint) statue and a small "shrine" type area.

Fran, OKC

Betsy Kelson <bkelson@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
Hi Kitty,
There are areas in N. Denver which were influenced by the Italian
Immigrants. It seems they used the old Tubs upended and created Grottos for
the saints.

betsy
Finally had a little rain yesterday. Its been three weeks