From:  [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:18:45 EDT
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: STORMS!

In a message dated 6/6/04 8:22:26 AM, justme@prairieinet.net
writes:<br><br><< Anything new there worth commenting on?
visited this <br>early in the gardening season. If I had a choice, I
would go later in the <br>summer/early fall. They were still planting
but nevertheless, loved it. Japanese <br>Iris in the Japanese garden
were awesome! Also, viewed parts of Shaw, 4 home <br>gardens, 2
nurseries, river ride in Hannibal, dinner theater and rode the
came home with a Scabiosa 'Perfecta Alba', Hypericum 'Tricolor' (plan
about geranium 'Rozanne' and I saw it at the BG and <br>it was huge and
flopped but not nearly as my Johnsons Blue and Brookside. I <br>think I
spoke to soon.<br> Loved my garden when I got home. The digitalis are
huge and so beautiful <br>as are the roses. I didn't get my roses
sprayed before I left and have <br>blackspot on a couple. I am not good
at spraying but made a self vow to do a <br>better job this year :-(
Couple of lilies are open also.<br> Donna, you have not shared how your
lilies are looking.<br> This Sat is our Master Gardener bus (chartered,
57 pass) trip which I & <br>another MG have arrgd. We leave at 7 am &
return at 9 pm. We will visit a <br>garden center, Culvers, in Marion
(Mardi, do you shop here?) Dubuque Arboretum <br>(home of the largest
public collection of hostas, award winning rose gardens, <br>outstanding
conifer collection and all cared for by volunteers) and two private
gardens.<br> Our temps are predicted to get into the 90s this week & the
humidity is <br>ugly.<br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com