From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 8:28 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Jesse's computer

3 or 4 YEARS?????
They'd have to put me under too if tartar was left to build up that long.
My boys get it done every year, no anesthetic, and no extra cost.  I
mentioned what you'd said to my vet and he said it is common in some places
to just hand over your cat, but he wouldn't want to trust anyone who would't
let you be there while your cat was being treated (not that your vet's not
trustworthy, just good to be there to see what's being done)  He also feels
anesthetic's not necessary and is expensive.  He said he has clients who
come to him twice a year from Cleveland - about 5 hrs away - because the
vets there insist on anesthetic.  They found it was cheaper to make the trip
and visit friends than to pay the Cleveland vet and put their cats through
the anesthetic.

Kitty