Re: Thyme/misc

In a message dated 6/14/04 8:15:22 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<< Ceres, was it you who has this thyme? >>  Doretta Klaber Thyme

Kitty, I have thyme but not this one.  Must be special.
    David, I am so sorry for your daughter.  She certainly has had a lot to
deal with and as parents it is so difficult to see your child suffering and
unable to kiss it and make it better.  Your family will be in my prayers.
    Dakota, welcome.  Hope you will find a home here.
    Melody, haven't heard if you are going to attend the Ia St Fair (rated
the 2nd best event to attend in our country, can you believe it?).
    Mardi, we had a delight bus trip to Dubuque Arboretum last Sat.  Was a
bit disappointed in Culvers.  I wrote them 2 times, called once and stopped on
Memorial weekend to confirm our stop.  We were right on time and the mgr was
not there as she said she would  not but said she would assign someone to talk
to us.  No one knew anything about our visit.  Not a big deal but when the Ball
Seed Field Trip bus stopped there last year, the same thing happened.  Have
you been to Dennis Hermsons gardens in Farley?  His gardens were wonderful!  He
is a great talker on conifers and unusual trees such as Japanese & Asian
maples, beeches and ginkgos He has a business (on the farm) in addition where he
sells the plants he has in his gardens.  He is just a short distance into the
country on a gravel which will be paved this summer.  He is expanding his
business and display areas. I purchased one dwarf conifer so now have 3 new ones to
plant.  Gary Whittenbaughs garden in Oelwein was amazing.  This is another
garden you need to visit if you have not.  He welcomes visitors anytime.  I
think we had a bus load of new conifer lovers on the return trip.  Weather was
great for us but we rcd a storm at home.
    We just cptd a 6' + wooden obelisk and placed it in the garden this
afternoon.  It is a 4 sided teepee shape with finial on top and lathe pieced
in-between the corners.  I daringly painted it cobalt blue to go with the many blue
pots, chairs, etc.  I was afraid it would be to much but I like it.
    Ceres, Iowa zone 4/5

http://www.hort.net/funds/