From: james singer [mailto: jsinger@igc.org]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:23:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - This is serious

Hi, Verona. Meant to add a comment after your post but forgot [senior
current <br>one, he was a very decent human being who did not
June 12, 2004, at 01:23 PM, Verona Dunn wrote:<br><br>> Fellow
Gardeners, Please let's stick to gardening and remain friends. <br>>
I<br>> just happen to be republican, but I shook hands with Jimmy Carter
-----<br>> From: <EvaTEsq@aol.com><br>> To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 10:58 PM<br>> Subject: [CHAT] OT - This is
A lawyer of the Defense Department, William J. Haynes II, who <br>>>
authored a<br>> memo<br>>> concluding that the President wasn't bound by
laws prohibiting <br>>> torture and<br>>> that government agents who
be<br>>> prosecuted by the Justice Department, has been nominated by

    http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0607-01.htm<br>>><br>>>

I think you'll agree that anyone reaching that conclusion, or even
down to the website below and sign the petition<br>> blocking<br>>> this
Dear Friend,<br>>> I just signed on to a petition with People For the
American Way, <br>>> asking<br>>> President George W. Bush to withdraw
on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals. William Haynes is none other<br>>
th

an<br>>> the General Counsel for the Department of Defense b the lawyer
who <br>>> helped<br>>> design the administrationbs detention and enemy
combatant policies.<br>>> Do you want such a person deciding what is
constitutional as a federal<br>> judge?<br>>> Join me in calling on Bush
to withdraw this nomination. Putting a <br>>> lawyer<br>>> linked to the
Abu Ghraib policies on the federal bench is so <br>>> outrageous,<br>>
Bush<br>>> needs to hear a loud and clear message on this one!<br>>> Go
here and sign now:<br>>>
American Way contact information:<br>>> Email Address:
pfaw@pfaw.org<br>>> If you have technical questions, please submit them
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>>>
http://www.hort.net/funds/<br>><br>>
Florida<br>Zone 10<br>27.0 N, 82.4

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com