Re: time to vent!

Our agreement is along the lines of:  I grow it, he cuts it.  I fertilize, I
do the gardens, I do the birdfeeders, etc.  The cutting is supposed to be
restricted to the lawn, plus edging.  He's wandered into my gardens now and
then, usually cleaning out my seedlings, and I have yelled and cried, and he
usually just says it looked like weeds.
Last summer he got "inspired" (Donna, I so relate to your situation and you
have all my sympathy) and weedwhacked the dahlia bed because there was some
grass in it and it looked messy to him.  While he's very bright and a
mathematical whiz, he doesn't know the difference between, well, pick 2, any
two, plants, and doesn't care to know.  However, after I finally and
completely lost my temper (which never happens) last year after this event,
he has been much better about watching those edges and staying on the lawn
side.

The thing is, once it's done, it's done.  I think you are right to look
forward and figure out what else you can do with the space.  I'm afraid I
don't have any sunny moist spots - I have all dry, so I don't have any ready
suggestions for favorite plants.

I've had comments from the neighborhood kids about how at their house their
dad does the yard work, and I just smile and say at my house we split the
yard work, and there's no reason I can't do it.  Of course, the only time
you'll see any of the other women out, summer or winter, is if their
husband's are out of town.  They do think I set a bad example, I think I set
a good one!

I'm sure since I'm late reading this thread, there will have been other
suggestions for plantings.  Good luck with it and try to enjoy the
replanting if you can!

Libby
Maryland zone 6