From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:18:20 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] In the garden and out

The garden is maturing. choices made 10 yrs ago aren't compatible
anymore.<br>Along the south side is a Blue Spruce that had a redbud on
each side. These<br>are OK redbuds that grow to ridiculous heights. The
east one was inhibiting<br>growth of the spruce so I cut it down several
yrs ago. Now the west one is<br>too close to it. The Pin Oak that is
about 15-20 ft to the west of the<br>redbud has really grown too so that
the rb in the middle is unnecessary for<br>screening. This job should
really be done when dormant so I don't have to<br>deal with the
leaves.<br><br>Obviously, I didn't plan too well, but I don't come by
this gardening stuff<br>naturally. However, I'm still happy I did it
this way insrtead of having<br>to wait 10 yrs for a good screen. The
redbuds are cheap; they served their<br>purpose. The only hitch is
taking them down carefully so they don't smash<br>anything. I took down
2 huge apple trees years ago without a hitch, but I<br>now have more
prized items in jeopardy than I did then. I'll try to get it<br>to fall
----- <br>From: "Donna" <justme@prairieinet.net><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 1:06 PM<br>Subject:
and cool here today, but should get back in the 80's<br>> by<br>> >
Tuesday. I'm contemplating taking down a redbud tree and cool
Cracked the pot, eh Jim? Check with Bonnie, she may want the

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com