Re: Re: landscape

Bonnie, my grandmother, who had moved from upstate NY to Fla as a child, was
proud of growing Queen Ann's Lace in her garden. I was really surprised to
find it as
a roadside weed when I moved north.  I remember that she taught me to color
it by
putting the stems in water colored with Easter-egg dyes. The flowers would
take up the color and be pink, blue, green, or whatever.  She would make
bouquets of vari-colored blossoms.
I still allow some in my garden, but then I grow milkweed, too. I think it is
a handsome
plant and I love the scent of the flowers.  It grows in the narrow space
between the drive
and the large boulder, and when it blooms, the whole area smells of it.
People tell me
I have to get rid of those weeds, but they are really a favorite of mine.

In a message dated 06/27/2004 10:46:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,