Re: Yellowjackets

Actually of all of the Hymenoptera, yellow jackets are the most aggressive. They nest in the ground, and even the vibration produced by foot traffic going by the nest can prompt an attack. I have never had a problem with any other bees or wasps, frequently working right next to them as they go about their business and I mine...but yellow jackets are a different story.