Re: houseplants

Good morning!
Thanks for all your input! ;0) I used to have some of the plants you
mentioned. My mom had a beautiful Christmas cactus that bloomed. She was
good with plants inside and out. I miss her! Our living room doesn't
have very large windows, but the bedroom does. I'll have to ask John to
put a bunch of hooks into the ceiling, as there's only one in the

I'd like to mention that these house plants seem to be good therapy. We
love watching them grow! We've been through heavy stress for years with
various events and it doesn't seem to be letting up either. My dad is
near death. One of my sister's has advanced emphysema, diabetes type 2,
and congestive heart failure. She has to have cataract surgery July 22.
I'd appreciate prayers for both of them (Dad & Lil), thanks! Hope it's
okay to ask here. We have many issues to cope with here, including my
upcoming surgery. I won't go into the rest, but I wanted to say that
these plants make us feel better. We enjoy the outdoor trees and plants,
too, but these are right here in front of us all the time. Are there any
house plants that don't need a lot of light? I lost my azaleas last
year, because the guys planted them in full sun. We sure need to pay
attention to each plants needs! LOL! My Black Knight Butterfly Bush has
already attracted a big black butterfly. I thought it appropriate that
the first butterfly was black. LOL!

I can't find African violets here. We don't have a nursery, but just Wal
Mart, Kmart, Lowe's, etc. We'll have to go to El Paso, I guess. I hate
that freeway overpass system they have though, so I hope we can find an
entrance through the suburb area. Just picture us on that freeway coming
here with 7 dogs in crates carrying on because Daisy came into heat
during our move! LOL! So much highway construction that we got off on
the wrong turns and went through New Orleans during rush hour!! We moved
here during late March last year, so got to enjoy all the beautiful
wildflowers along the way. Florida was the prettiest and had the best
rest stops. TX had so few that it was a hardship for us. No motel will
let anyone stay with 7 dogs! LOL! We slept in the van with the dogs in
rest stops. God bless truckers for all their kindnesses! The USA is such
a beautiful country with such amazing diversity in climate and foliage.
The trip from FL to NM was hard on us, but it was exciting fun, too.
When I first came to NM from CA, I'll never forget how beautiful the
desert was covered with wildflowers and with blooming cactus! Cactus
flowers still amaze me.

Thanks for your help!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneths me." Phil. 4:13

--- "SueNY" <sue.nyc@att.net> wrote:
 Snake plants are near impossible to kill. But their appearance is not to everyone's taste. I think they are very interesting.
What kind of spider plants do you have? Have you seen the ones that are curly?
I think they are really cool looking.