RE: Yellowjackets

Hi! We have an assortment of bees and wasps here. Yesterday, I was
watching our Mallard ducks swimming in their pool. A big black bee/wasp
with bright orange wings was flying around Queenie. She stretched her
neck up and got that thing! I think it's some type of wasp and much
larger than a yellow jacket. Have you seen a close up photo of yellow
jackets or even house flies? They're quite beautiful and amazing! When I
was a child, I spent summers barefoot and always got stung by yellow
jackets. Of course, we were playing in the water around the faucets and
probably stepped on them. I'm rather allergic and swell up, too. Mom
always soaked our foot in hot baking soda water. I went out into the
garden last summer and photographed all types of insects, bees, and
wasps and didn't get stung, thank God! I agree that you have to disturb
their hive or touch them some way to get stung. Here is the URL to the
black wasp photo: (just sharing, nothing more)
http://home.earthlink.net/~dakota821/SunsetWindsArt/photogallery/gallery12.html
Yellowjacket:
http://home.earthlink.net/~dakota821/SunsetWindsArt/photogallery/gallery27.html
Bee:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~dakota821/SunsetWindsArt/photogallery/gallery19.html

God bless,
Dakota
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneths me." Phil. 4:13
"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them
to become what they are capable of being."
"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they
merely determine where you start." - Nido Qubein -
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars."
- Author Unknown -
http://www.defendamerica.mil

MakeADifference@ http://newsmad.com + http://lovemad.org