Re: min climbing rose

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] min climbing rose
  • From: F M Ferrari <fm4re@swbell.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

I have this one under a bird bath and yes, it is sweet! Blooms better
than so many of my other roses yet only gets about 4 hours of sun. I
think I've read that minis are hardier and can get by with less sun.
Ceres that's great about the magazine shot! When will it be published?
Fran, OKC

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:Have any of you grown the miniature climbing rose 'Jeanne Lajoie'? This is a
2nd yr plant for me, is fully db med pink bloom and is in bloom now. It is
so sweet! The book says mature ht is 6-8' however it is about 3 1/2' now. I
would be pleased if it only grew to 4'. It is growing in a soft green
(antique looking) tuteur. Garden Gate magazine was out to photograph it today.