Theresa

james singer wrote:

Buddleia do well here. So it must be dry heat rather than humid heat that they don't like.

On Jun 1, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ AFFTC/ITSR wrote:

I have a couple buddleia but they don't seem to like me that much. I always
figured it was too hot and dry in the summer. They grow, and bloom, but you
would not call them lush. The blooms are maybe half as big as I've seen in
northern California where the summers aren't so hot.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of A A HODGES
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:55 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Russian sage - invasive?

I don't think so Kitty. I have a friend that grew one, of course I can't
recall the cultivar now. It was a silvery/lavender color. She grew it
against the hottest, driest part of the house, never watered it, and it was
probably 8 feet tall when she moved. Bloomed constantly. She's trying some
at her new place which has the same type of dry sandy soil as her old place
so we'll see how it goes.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC