Re: Soil pH

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Soil pH
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:25:27 -0600

I don't know what my wishes would be Ceres, it's more a curiosity on my
part.  I think any gardener will tell you that rainwater is a whole lot
nicer for plants than anything that comes out of a tap.  I'd love to have
the ability to collect rainwater, but space and other considerations make it
not possible, at least not right now.  So far, our pH 9 or 10 water doesn't
seem to be hurting anything, possibly because it is ok or because of the
buffer capacity of the soil.  As long as things keep growing and it's not a
business concern, I'm happy....but still curious.
Kitty