NOW Aphids

Speaking of aphids......I have a Loquat planted in the front of the house
that has been rather abused. It's not gotten enough water, and then got
practically girdled when I stupidly hired someone to weed eat for me.
Anyway, it is trying to struggle back to life, although right now it look
like a Dr. Suess tree. Every day I go out to check on it, as I'm trying to
baby it back. The leaves are always covered with aphids and ants. Now
what's that all about?

I have a huge Loquat in the back, never seen an aphid near it, and of
course it's growing like mad even though I whack it every year ( I'm
limbing it up to make a small tree, as well as the Dr. Suess tree in front)

Every day I take the hose and spray off the offenders and every day when I
check it it's covered again. I know ants will "farm" aphids to feed off the
honeydew, but why are they on my Loquat?

Anyone?

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC