RE: weekend update!

Donna, did you Preen so you don't get a bunch of weed seeds now that the
offenders are out of there? I've started doing that religiously and it does
help. I know it's not organic, but it helps keep me from pulling my hair
out. Someday, I may win the battle with yellow nutsedge and crab grass.

I went to my Dad's Friday night and then on Sunday it rained all day. I was
annoyed. But today, OMG, it's been gorgeous. Low 80's and low humidity. A
treat for us this time of year. I got outside and pulled weeds as soon as I
got home, moved a couple of things, cleared around Damascena's headstone,
then mowed the back yard. It looks so good! My feet were green when I came
in and so were Lennox's paws...LOL! He and Austin started a chase round the
yard when I got done mowing and of course now are all grass stained. They
are worn out from playing.

My 'Lady in Red' Hydrangea cuttings seem to be doing OK. I'm keeping my
fingers crossed that they take. I also have some red passion flower cutting
going, and Jim's Wild Tomato seeds are planted. Right before I planted them
I happened to find a seedling that was left over from last year so even if
Jim's seeds don't make it, which I'm sure they will I still may have
tomatoes this summer after all! Thank goodness, Jim those are THE BEST!
Much better than the grocery grape tomatoes.

I'm off to bed! Tired after all that mowing!

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC