Re: humor-the best medicine

Thanks Donna-
I am definitely taking one day at a time.  He will be doing rehab
starting next week and we'll see what happens.  The degree of damage
done by the stroke makes it very unlikely he will have left-sided
functioning again.  I'll just be happy if he is able to regain his
swallow reflect so that he can eat! (and I know he wants the stupid
feeding tube out too).  Regardless, he will need some type of assisted
living- but he had already picked out a place he liked- and he was tired
of cooking for himself anyway.  So, I think it will all be OK.