Re: source for Ground Pine

It used to grow in the woods near us, but there is  a development of
million-dollar starter mansions there now.  There used to be a place in
Vermont that carried such native plants.  It's protected by law in New
York, and can't be dug from the woods - but I still see Christmas
decorations made with it, which makes me furious.
Did you know that this plant once grew so thickly that the spores
were collected and ignited in early photography to provide a flash -
thus the "flash in the pan."
Auralie

In a message dated 06/29/2005 10:51:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,