Re: source for Ground Pine

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] source for Ground Pine
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:28:03 -0600

Doesn't it just figure?  I could see a real use for this plant.  People
think that all you can grow in shade is Hosta or ferns.  I like to find
things like this to show what you can grow. We have successfully introduced
toadlilies to our customers, offering a different one every time.  This
plant - I found another common name, Princess Pine - is darling and would
give a different texture to a woodland garden, and it grows only 12 inches
tall.  I sent a message to Eastern Plant Specialties to see if they might
have a source for it.  I wonder if Gene would know anything about it?