To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] urgh! Planting day.

If it was one plant that could be the case. But after
planting all day, they are all that way.

I am supposed to go to a seminar there next weekend on
new and underused perennials. I may try to talk to him
on the side.

Ya know, I am not one that balks at prices if I want
the plant. Put your price on the plant and let me make
my decision, but don't give me a half grown plant. If
he had left it in the smaller pot and still charged
the same amount I would have been fine with it. This
is one of the reasons I don't do mail order. You
always end up with plants but not much root. I do
understand that many trim them back for shipping, but
it is just something that annoys me.

Yes Kitty, it is that nursery.

Donna

--- Daryl <pulis@mindspring.com> wrote:

Donna,

That's one of my pet peeves, too. Our good local
nurseries, however, will
tell you if they've just potted something, and will
usually sell it at the
smaller size price if I just have to have it now.
The bad ones, well, I
don't go there.

There's a chance though, that given spring help
being what it sometimes can
be, someone moved some stuff from the back to the
sales house by mistake.
It's worth talking to the owner instead of stewing.
Sometimes honest
mistakes are made.