Hydrangia "Nikko Blue"

A lady I work with has family in Spain that she visits yearly. She
commented on her aunt's hydrangeas...and asked how she kept them so
vibrant and healthy (and her blues stayed blue!). She told Elena that
she uses rusted nails. She sticks them in the ground all around her
hydrangeas (it's the rust). So...Elena comes back to the states to find
nails that will rust (not easy anymore, they are all treated so they
WON'T rust). But her Nikko Blue stays blue now. Just thought I would
pass that on to all you hydrangea lovers.