Re: Eerie Quiet...Gene

Only thing I ever found that worked for yellow jackets is diazinon because it will knock them down before they can attack. Hate to use it, though.

On Jun 16, 2006, at 11:29 AM, Bonnie Holmes wrote:

Do you have any such tricks for yellow jackets?

[Original Message]
From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 6/16/2006 9:12:10 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Eerie Quiet...Gene

If you hose the wasps and stuff down real good, you can get in and get
what
you need. They can't fly when they're wet. That's what I do when I need
move a nest.

yep, gonna be hot here today too. Amazing how well the weeds grow isn't
it.... Learned to mulch as I do a section or by the time I get back to
do the mulching, the weeds are starting again. sigh.

I have an outhouse for garden tools as well. Also a rustic bench ( made
from tree logs) next to it. I bouight mine at a craft fair, and it has a
cute window on the side- well window framing - Anyways, the point is, I
need to screen it in cause every wasp and hornet in the neighborhood
lives in there. It is a battle to decide who gets the tools.....They get
quite upset when I open the door to grab a shovel etc.....

Donna