Re: Eerie Quiet...Gene

What I do is try to find their nest before I do accidently (mowing or
pulling weeds) and get stung.  When I find one, I mark it with a small pot
and go out after it gets dark and pour a heavy seven solution down the
hole.  That usually takes care of the nest.  Some people burn them out but
I hate to put gasoline into the ground.

Bought a beautiful monarda yesterday..."Raspberry Wine"...both a lovely
color and high arching blossoms.  When I get it planted, I'll take a
picture.

Worked in the Trial Gardens yesterday.  They are getting ready for this
weekend's National Conifer Association annual meeting and Blooms Day the
following weekend.  Things are really looking beautiful...gave me a lot of
pleasure to think that I worked on some of the plants from the time they
were tiny seedlings in the greenhouse.